When investigating threats, the employer has to walk the delicate balance between an employee’s individual rights and the employer’s OSHA General Duty responsibilities.
This program will address:
- behavioral indicators of potential violence
- OSHA and litigation exposures associated with violent incidents
- issues in threat assessment,
- types of threats,
- how to document threats,
- taking protective actions and protecting employees and assets from potentially violent individuals.
- Legal strategies to reduce various risks of litigation from third parties and the employee himself / herself
- Comprehensive Violence Prevention system composed of polices, procedures, threat assessment team membership and function and awareness training for all employees
- Case history examples using videos of actual perpetrators in actual threat cases will be used for demonstration purposes.